So, you registered for the online test. You’ve prepared, selected a test date and time, and double-checked your time zone (of course!). Once it’s test day, you want to make sure all goes as planned by reviewing every step of the process – from test start to submission.
1. Close all other windows and programs on your computer and go to Jeopardy.com. (NOTE: We suggest taking the online test on Chrome, Firefox or Safari. AOL and Internet Explorer are not supported.) You won’t want any distractions! Login opens one hour before the test begins, but we recommend logging in at least 30 minutes early, as you will not be able to log in once the test begins.
2. Once you click on the “Take Me to the Test” button, you’ll be prompted to log in to your MyJeopardy! account if you haven’t already.
3. After logging in to your account, you’ll be brought to this screen. If you log in at least five minutes before the test begins, you’ll be able to select your preferred audition city if you haven’t already.
4. Once you are within one hour of the test start time, you can click the “Launch the Test” button. This will open a window where the actual test will take place, so don’t forget this important step.
5. After you get to the test window, you’ll see a countdown clock that tracks the remaining time before the test starts. You’ll hear the Jeopardy! theme music in the last 30 seconds, and when the clock reaches 0:00, the test will begin.
6. Once the test begins, you’ll have 15 seconds to answer each clue. Don’t worry about misspellings (you won’t be penalized), and don’t answer in the form of a question. Anything you have typed into the response field will be captured automatically at the end of the 15 seconds and you’ll move on to the next clue. You can also click “Submit” to move on to the next clue, but we encourage you to take all available time to reconsider your response.
7. When you finish the test, you’ll get another chance to select your preferred audition city if you haven’t yet. Otherwise, you’re ready to submit the test!
You’ve Finished the Test! Now What?